Antigone represents a perfect form of a strong girl. She does not side with Ismene, her sister, who believes women are inferior to men. She knows that she is strong, too, and is not afraid to show it. I believe she chooses to bury her dead brother because she feels committed to her family; to be honest, her family life has been pretty screwed up, so I feel that she thinks this is the least she can do to shed some honor upon her family name--her brother, even though considered a "traitor", is her brother. Polyneices needs someone on his side--he got pushed around for a while, especially when Eteocles told him that he wanted to keep his position as king. Antigone seems like she's gonna make a great hero in the story---can't wait to finish!!!!!!
Blog Archive
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Meaghan, I strongly agree with you about Antigone siding with her family so she can at least shed some honor on her family name and give her brother a proper burial. You were lucid in explaining your thoughts and feelings about Antigone so far!:)
Nat: Nice use of a vocab word!
Hey Meg!
I agree with your comment and I like how you added Ismene to your comment as well..haha
Thanks dolls (:
and hey, Justine. LOL (: <3
Meg, this is really good and I agree with you one hundred percent. Antigone is just trying to do the right thing and bury her dead, disrespected brother. Good Stuff (:
Meg: Well said. You really support Antigone.
I liked how you said that despite her family history, she wants to bring some honor to the family name. Great answer!
Post a Comment